Tuesday 26 April 2016

Plum

'Sup friends!! Today was such a long day and I'm so glad it's over... wait. SNAP! There's homework to be done. LOL! Even though I'm a huge nerd, right now I'm sorta in that past-the-point-of-caring-mood.

The day started off with the most awkward assembly I had ever gone through with all the prefects having to stand up front on stage and read a lame pledge and we weren't even given prior notice that we'd be standing in front of the entire student body or I'd have worn my contacts today. The weather's so effing hot and humid that I was sweating like post-marathon level.

After that I was pretty fine, lessons were easy - typical. I ignored all the cows sitting in class with me obviously and shame there wasn't a lab session today or else I'd have gotten to sit with my best friend( the only other non-cow).

For lunch I had my second favourite fruit, a PLUM! Really glad my mom packed it for me cause I love plums so much. Then I found out that dark chocolate in excess was poison like WHAT! cause in the past month I ate three dark chocolate bars my dad brought home from Spain. Then my bestie said this really random question: what makes salt salty, the sodium ions or the chloride ions? We didn't research much but we decided it was most likely the sodium. I would like a really science-y reason though. Then we played with my new tab that I've been bringing to school. I'm not being sponsored or anything but there's this app that I am loving right now called 'Brilliant'. By now most of you must know what a big fan of puzzles and riddles I am and this app is just brilliant! There's math, logic and etc. puzzles to and my friend and I had such a fun time doing it.

I couldn't go home immediately after school today cause I am a student tutor. I tutor 12 year old kids English once a week for an hour after school. It's a fun experience teaching kids and my mom's a teacher so I know what's teaching like. Unlike peer tutors overseas, we don't get paid or anything in return but the joy of sharing knowledge to those brave enough to seek help. Not that I mind though, I've been doing tutoring sessions for 2 years now.

Okay I know I promised a book review but that's gonna have to wait for a bit guys. Sorry. Catcha tomorrow though. Byeee

No comments:

Post a Comment