Sunday 25 September 2016

soaps and books

hey you gorgeous people!! i had a fun weekend and i was so engrossed in The Girl You Left Behind i couldnt separate myself from the couch long enough to do anything other than eat. this is possibly the first time im making an entry this early in the day but i am about to have a busy day at mi casa- Thanks Dora for teaching me spanish- so i will do this now and i feel so happy doing updates all the time. my sissy is leaving for the city in a few hours then it'll be just me and i dont know how to feel about that. it's going to be so much fun for her but then i'll miss her. gosh i'll just be numb toward any sentiments.
i should start my breakdown of friday+weekend about now.
on friday i went to school, played with my friend and that was about it. the action happened when i got home. i ate my rice, drank my honey water, watched glee with sissy and showered. the most fun of all, i made homemade soap. if you remember the list of my purchases i made while in kl last last week, i bought a soap making set at the craft store. i filmed myself doing it which i love doing but my camera is from the stone ages so it shut itself at the critical moment when i was adding the dye and the fragrant oil. that was one stress factor and another was i was working on the floor for maximum working space and the camera with the baby tripod has zero stability and i couldnt aim it downward without it falling into the soap mixture so i held it up with my feet. i worked on it until 5, and then went to my real happy place! Ipoh! we had the best dinner there in a mall. it's a korean restaurant we hadnt been to before but they had just renovated and we wanted to see what they are all about. it's pretty fancy and expensive but they have good food. we ordered grilled squid with veggies, a chicken bimbap and a kimchi bimbap. bibimbap is just a bowl of rice with a bunch of toppings and you stir them together and it's so good! it's like asian pizza! for drinks we had cinnamon tea and i didnt like it because the cinnamon smell was so overwhelming.
then we went to get a gift for my ol' homeroom teacher who just had a baby. i got her a baby bedtime book with sound effects when you press a button at the corner and it was so cute!! it was just puppy and kitten sounds and not so accurate but so so adorable.
at home me and sissy watched glee till bed time.
on saturday, i had a nestum breakfast. for lunch sissy went out so ma and i went to get sweet potato fries and nasi lemak. we met ma's former student and he told me about his math tutor who only takes his student by recommendation and he'll put in a good word for me! i thought that was really cool and that must be some elite tutor. im excited.
it rained after we got home and that was sad because we had planned to go to the fruit stall in the evening. then me and ma started on dinner. we had planned ham and bacon sandwiches but we found out that we were out on campbelle soup so we drove to the mall for soup and while we were there, we got korean instant noodles, beef flavored and and we had noodles along with sandwiches that night. i liked it and i loved helping make it.
me and sissy went to church that night and i went along with sissy's friends for supper and i had a chocolate drink before bed.
morning after, ma lovingly got me fried noodles for breakfast and i ate happy. i did some work after and then followed sissy to church at one. i hung around until 5, experienced my friend's driving for the first time and it was all okay.
i was wiped after that so ma treated us to kfc and we ordered a bucket and the chicken was so big, im having leftovers for lunch. we went home, packed and i wish so bad that we didnt have to leave. i worked on my video all last night and it only uploaded this morning so thanks wifi. you can check it out if you type DIY lavender soap into the search box.
yesterday night i had like a mini anxiety attack. i didnt see it coming because i had fun at church and it all okay. it hasnt happened in like 2 months but i had a bad headache, my hands were trembling and i was thinking all my dark thoughts at once and like always it centered around school and thats why im home if youre wondering. ive been meaning to mention it here for awhile but attempting to explain your fears is like being 30 and trying to tell your colleagues that you still pee on the bed. it's embarrassing, they'll ask what's triggering it and you cant explain why and they'll ask if you need help and you dont know if this 'help' will really help at all.
sissy has just left and i could really use a chocolate bar, though i cant explain my fears, i have a mantra that normally helps: you'll never be anyone else. you are an excellent person and you already are. i also regularly pray against curses or black magic.
that's going to be it for now and i love you lovelies. count the hours and make them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment