Saturday 18 November 2017

hi! something new everyday?

hello gorgeous people!! it is now 8.42 pm on a chilly Saturday night and i have never been more tired. the day for me started at 5 am and it was freezing. in kampar i sleep without air conditioning which sucks most of the time but today i wasnt mad about it. i genuinely could have lost my nose from frost bite. i had an alarm of course and it was so spooky. whilst setting the alarm on my device last night i realised that theres a button that says something like, 'read time aloud'. now, i have not noticed this before so i was all for it. instantly regreted it this morning. it rang like once and than a ghostly, female voice just reads, 'FIVE. AE. EMM.' may be that's why i felt chilly. from the coldness of the voice i heard first in the morning. so it wasnt my brightest idea.
i got up, had the kettle on for my morning tea, then took a warm shower. i had my clothes laid out the night before so it was a really simple time for me. after getting dressed, i had an egg and a cuppa. i downloaded a couple of chess strategy videos to watch on the way to the competition but i only watched half of it. haha! at 6.40am my ride came and i was so excited! it was my first time meeting my chess team and they were the coolest! there were 4 of us including me and they were all interesting people and chatty and we play chess hahaha!!
we reached the venue which was a polytechnic i didnt even know existed despite being from ipoh. we were a half hour early so we just hung around and tried to calm our nerves. the poly was really simple- a low cost building really. then you see their lifts and immediately think you've been transported to a luxury hotel! it was the kind of lift with the mirrors inside.
we started playing about 9am, and then it gets hazy for me. i know there were five rounds. i lost round 1 to the most obnoxious girl ever, had a draw in round 2, and only won one game later. so my overall wasnt the best. i really practiced hard so it hurts that i wasnt able to show it. my biggest regret today was definitely not taking a draw. i basically gave away a win.

lunch was definitely the highlight for me today. just sitting, eating and talking is really fun. also i was on home turf so yes eating has suddenly become something i like to do. we went to wingzone for chicken cause it was near the poly and it was also sorta empty for a Saturday.
i am now home in kampar. under the sheets, feeling like a Care Bear. i need a early night because i have a very special day tomorrow. which i sadly cant tell you about just yet.
but what i can tell you, is something utterly silly. yes i just so happened to do something silly. probably no one is surprised. i now have a super secret post in one of the clubs im in, where i am supremely awkward and have a totally different personality during meetings. i mean the members are great but we have a barrier that prevents me from being comfortable. lets hope i wont be awkward for long la. it comes at a great sacrifice for me. but really, it is such an honor to be given the position. more on that later! time for bed!